Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cabana Boy Optional

I had surgery on my sinuses yesterday. Not a terribly bad experience at this point but my face hurts and I REALLY want to clear my nose.

Right before I was "put under", the nurse told me which drugs they would give me and how I would feel. Oh, and she gave me permission to dream about cabana boys and strawberry daiquiris. I thought that was odd and funny.

The drugs are good, as usual. I remember complaining about how much my eyes hurt while I was in recovery. A nice nurse asked me to rate the pain on a scale of 1 to 10 and when I said, “11″, she promptly gave me a shot and I drifted into a peaceful sleep for three hours.

I will survive. Hopefully with fewer sinus infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ASU (2) Bama (1) band (3) birthday (1) Books (2) Children (1) Daybook (4) education (1) football (4) Life (4) movies (1) mpm (3) music (2) Parenting (1) recipes (1) resources (1) summer (1) surgery (1) trips (1) vacation (1) Wii (1)